COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Updated April 20, 2023
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health issued a new health order updating vaccination and masking guidance for healthcare settings in Los Angeles County. Effective Monday, April 3, 2023, Torrance Memorial will implement new visitor and masking guidelines as indicated in the health order.
All visitors must check-in upon entering to receive visitor badge.
- Visitors are allowed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Visitors and patients are not required to wear masks, although it is strongly recommended (COVID positive or suspected patients need to wear a mask).
- Children of all ages are allowed to visit, children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 6 feet physical distancing no longer required.
- Labor & Delivery no longer require COVID-19 testing on asymptomatic patients (symptomatic patients will continue to be testing with the respiratory PCR panel).
- One visitor may be present at the patient's bedside with the exception of two parents for children
Transitional Care Unit
Two visitors per patient per day. Visitation is by appointment during the hours of 9am - 8pm.
- No proof of vaccination required.
- Visitors will be screened upon entry into TCU
- Visitors with recent diagnosis of COVID-19 are prohibited until they have met criteria for discontinuing isolation.
- Visitors with symptoms of COVID-19 are also prohibited.
Suspected/Confirmed COVID-19 Positive Inpatients
- Allowed one healthy visitor per day for a maximum of two hours – no overnight stays allowed
- All visitors must:
- Be free of COVID-19 symptoms and always wear a well-fitted mask at all times
- Check-in with the nurses station upon arrival and before entering a patient room
- Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the room with the patient, includes gowns, gloves, eye protection and a mask. The patient’s nurse will demonstrate proper use of PPE
- Go directly to the patient’s room and not congregate in hallways, waiting rooms or other areas
- Not enter and exit the room multiple times during the visit
- Not eat or drink while in the patient room
Do Not Visit If You Have:
- Fever (100.0F or higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Runny Nose
- Until further notice, valet services in the main parking structure will be suspended. Free self-parking still available for patients.